Friday, March 19, 2010

Recipe for French Vanilla

I normally take my shake plain with ice water and it is already tasty for me. I take it for breakfast, as the ideal breakfast because I read that the ideal breakfast should be high in protein for this ensures that our blood sugar level remains stable and not dip too low. And I like the idea that Herbalife's protein is plant based.

The Star newspaper recently reported that to beat the sugar craving, we should have protein in our breakfast.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/1/24/focus/5537327&sec=focus

The article says that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. "Your first meal must create blood sugar stability that will carry you to the next meal without sugar cravings. You are also advised to eat protein with each meal as it keeps your blood sugar stable throughout the day."

I read elswhere that a good breakfast coupled with consistent eating time help reduce the risk of diabetes. Of course, there are other factors too such as reducing stress levels, exercise and getting enough nutrition, sleep and water.

Recently, I decided to try out a recipe to go with the Herbalife F1. And I only take this for breakfast. It is a complete meal by itself because the F1 contains 55 types of vitamins and minerals and it fills me up until lunch. I modified the recipe from a book on juicing and blending that a friend gave and the shake turned out truly delicious.

F1 French Vanilla - 2 scoops
F3 Blended soy and Whey Protein Powder - 1 scoop (optional)
Soya milk (Soyfresh brand - contains the lowest sugar in the market) - 200ml
1 small red apple (remove seeds and core and cut into small pieces)
Nestum - one scoop

Put in 100ml cold water into the blender and put cut red apple into the blender and blend well. Then pour the soya milk, two soops of F1 and one scoop of F3 and Nestum into the blender and blend. Pour out and enjoy.

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment